Saturday, October 15, 2011

31 Movies of Halloween: Drive Thru

Every day this month I've been watching different horror movies and writing reviews

DAY 15: DRIVE THRU

Not all horror movies are winners. For every Friday the 13th there were about 10 Slaughter High’s. But I love bad movies, I even love Slaughter High to be honest. The problem with bad horror films is such, accidentally bad movies are awesome, purposefully bad ones are not. The last 10 years or so we’ve seen an undeniable rise in purposefully bad horror movies, everyone wants to be the next Troma or Full Moon it seems, but they forget that it’s sincerity that makes those films work.

Drive Thru has plenty of sincerity. It’s an awful movie of course, but it’s delightfully awful. Horny the Clown is the loved fast food mascot of Hella-Burger (run by Morgan Spurlock). However when various teens end up dead from burger related deaths (my favorite being the horrifically gory face in the deep fryer scene, they have to figure out how to stop this seemingly demonic clown.

The film borrows a lot from Freddy Kreuger, except our villain never harmed anyone (until coming back as a demonic clown). The plot is ridiculous to every possible degree, the music is awful hardcore and sludge metal and the acting is atrocious, but I love it. I can’t wait to subject friends to it and have a great night full of laughs.





When he's not blogging Matt Kelly can be found writing for Geekscape.net, producing his podcast and tweeting. Always remember while it's delicious fast food ain't cheap.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I absolutely agree about intentionally bad movies! My friend got me Night of the Loup-Garou for a group of us to laugh at and couldn't understand why I hated it. There's nothing funny or special or redeeming about you trying to be shitty. You're just wasting time and money.

    ReplyDelete