Monday, December 23, 2013

25 DVDs of Christmas - Day 23. South Park "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics" (Season 3: Episode 15)


I'm aware that most people love the Woodland Critter Christmas and consider it the best christmas special. While I enjoy how dark and demented it is, it doesn't make me laugh as much as the ridiculousness of Christmas in Canada or this special from Season 3.

Having sat and watched a ton of south park recently Season 3 is where I think South Park really started to begin to get more satirical and smarter (It would be full blown in it's witty satire/parody by season 4). This episode is one of my favorites of the whole season mostly because I love musicals and that's basically what this episode is.

The highlight is Christmas Time in Hell which is a song I MUST listen to every christmas now. Thanks Matt & Trey!

No comments:

Post a Comment