Sunday, December 1, 2013

25 DVDs of Christmas - Day 1 GREMLINS

DAY 1: GREMLINS

So I'm gonna pull the curtain back on this blog a little bit. I typically watch and review stuff a few days in advance. Since I didn't want to start doing the Christmas thing till after Thanksgiving I decided to get a jump on these 25 movies I'd start with something not explicitly christmas. What I'm saying is... today and tomorrow are horror movies that take place at Christmas. Feel free to try to predict tomorrow's movie.

Gremlins is one of those movies that takes place at Christmas but never feels specifically like a Christmas movie. Which is kind of weird when you consider how much of the plot revolves around Christmas. Beyond the snow and the fact that everyone is watching different christmas specials throughout the movie the two biggest plot points are because of the holiday.

First, Gizmo is a christmas gift. Secondly, the boy delivering the christmas tree (Corey Feldman) is the one who gets Gizmo wet causing him to multiple. 

This film is still a ton of fun all these years later but I still like the Sequel more (as I have ever since I was a kid). This film is a little too serious at times and the puppets while well done aren't nearly as cool as the bizarre mutations we get in the A New Batch.

Not a Christmas classic by most standards I still enjoy watching it every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment