Tuesday, December 10, 2013

25 DVDs of Christmas - Day 10. Muppet Family Christmas


This is my all-time favorite Christmas special. No competition. I watch it every year and own it on VHS and DVD (Region 2 so I had to burn a copy of it to play on my DVD player). It's also one of the specials on the VHS tape that my aunt made for me all those years ago.

As a kid I loved it because I loved the muppets. As an adult I still love it because of the Muppets but also because of how much I love Jim Henson in general. There's not a moment in this special that doesn't fill my heart with joy.

At the end when Jim Henson begins washing dishes and says "I like when they're having a good time" I can't help but get a little teary-eyed. This is what Henson loved to do with his painfully short life and this is everything he loved in one magical special.

No comments:

Post a Comment