Tuesday, September 3, 2013

100 Albums That Make Me Love Music: 22. The March Hare - Mister Nimbus


22. The March Hare: Mister Nimbus

In 2006 I was near the end of my “concert booking” days. One of the last bands that I befriended while my booking organization came to the end was The March Hare. In all my years of my booking I never met a band with more talent and stage presence.

The band was relatively short lived (maybe 2 years at the most) and I was genuinely saddened by their break up. Their one album is the one of the greatest albums I’ve ever heard. The fact that this was released by an unknown and unsigned band is a genuine travesty and I’m saddened that people don’t know this band more.

The band (consisting of 5 members) made big music with very little. Violins, Keyboards, Guitars and 3-part harmonies compose the entire album. Songs like Dial 911, Assembly Line and Skeleton Opera show the band mixing Disco and Metal. 

Furthermore songs like “Third Law” and “Portmanteau”  which showed the bands ability to create a song crafted of various genres.

Check out the band, buy their only record Mister Nimbus and thank me later

No comments:

Post a Comment