Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Latest Obsession: Thug Notes


I can't remember how I first discovered Thug Notes but I immediately loved it. While the idea of a Thugged out gangsta talking literary classics is funny I'm more impressed that it's a genuinely educational show.

While Thug Notes summarizes classic novels using phrases like "cap his ass" or "all up in his grill" or "stepping to him" our host Sparky Sweets, PhD doesn't change any of the original stories plot line. More importantly his Analysis at the end of each episode usually has some of the most insightful explanations of the books I've ever heard.

Some books that I genuinely like (Of Mice & Men for example) I have a far better understanding of because of Thug Notes. Below is the newest episode but i recommend checking out EVERY EPISODE so far because they're masterpieces (Of Mice & Men, The Hobbit and To Kill A Mockingbird are my personal favorites so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment