Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Latest Obsession: Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me


The first time I ever heard Brand New was when I saw the music video for The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows. I immediately liked what I heard but for whatever reason I didn't immediately run out and purchase Deja Entendu like everyone else. In fact I didn't buy anything by Brand New until my freshmen year of college when I found a used copy of Your Favorite Weapon for $3. I didn't know any tracks on it but I heard lots of great things about it. I fell head over heels with it.

I still didn't pick up Deja Entendu until about two years ago. I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it quite like YFW. However one night at a bar with my friend Sarah she told me I absolutely HAVE to check out The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me. I finally took her advice and immediately loved everything about this record.

Not only did I listen to it in one siting... about two days later Sarah went for a drive with me and we listened to it again. In that second listen I found even more to love about the record. It truly is one of the finest albums I've ever heard. It doesn't seem to get the same praise as their previous records and that's quite unfair because I genuinely prefer it over Deja Entendu

No comments:

Post a Comment