Thursday, May 16, 2013

100 Movies That Make Me Love Film: 38. Pee Wee's Big Adventure


38. Pee Wee’s Big Adventure

I feel a little bad for the fact my mother can probably recite this movie as well as I can. When I was a kid this and Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice were my two favorite movies. I guess I was a big Tim Burton fan before I knew who he was. I’d watch this movie daily.

One of the weirdest debut films from a Hollywood director Pee Wee’s Big Adventure tells the story of Pee Wee Herman a man child who goes on a search for his missing bike. The Film is basically shot for shot The Bicycle Thief.

This is too weird of a movie to really discuss. If you’ve seen it you know why people love it (or maybe not) but if you haven’t seen it than you really must fix that immediately.

Possibly my shortest write up ever? Sure

No comments:

Post a Comment