Monday, July 11, 2011

How I Met My Nostalgia

It's been a while since I last updated so let try to do this the best I can....

Friday wasn't overly exciting of a day as far as I can remember so I'll go ahead and skip that.

Saturday I went to my first ever Geekscape taping. I've been watching since episode one five years ago. Admittedly I was at Comic Con last year, so that was TECHNICALLY my first taping; but this was my first REAL taping in Jonathan's house with a guest on the couch. It was fun and I made a joke which made Jonathan and his guest laugh really hard. That made my day. You will have to watch the episode when it comes out however to see what that joke was.

After the taping Jonathan, Walton and I went to a BBQ at Walton's friend Charlie's house. It was a good time full of pig roasting, food and Karaoke. Good times were had.

The following morning I took the bus to Jonathan's. It was good to just hang out with him. We counted shirts for Comic Con and just talked TV show ideas. My car arrived as well. Walton and I drove to Target to get a Microwave.

Comic Con weekend is coming up in just a few days. I'm extremely excited for that. I've got some bad-ass interviews lined up.

Right now I'm sitting at the apartment watching How I Met Your Mother and its making me think of all my friends back home. Much like Scrubs its a show that we all loved; watched; referenced; lived and breathed. I'm currently watching Season 4; this season always make me think of my old Apartment with Shrop. We discovered the show back then. Well, shrop did. He watched 3 episodes of season one online and then immediately bought the first 3 seasons on DVD. We became so obsessed that Shrop's brother burnt us a copy of Season 4 so we'd be prepared when Season 5 started a few weeks later.

Shrop and I lived and breathed this show. We started to search for the best burger in PA after the episode best burger in new york (it's not in PA but the best burger is found at Dead Presidents; an amazing bar in DE). After watching the episode in which Ted makes his girlfriend watch Star Wars... we decided to have a Star Wars party. We started calling our shits "New Jersey". Every Monday we'd get together with friends to watch new episodes.

I guess the point is I'm feeling a little nostalgic.

I don't know where the future will lead me; Maybe I'll live in Cali forever or maybe I'll return to PA in a year... but I do look forward to seeing my best friends again; no matter when that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment