Tuesday, January 21, 2014

100 Albums That Make Me Love Music: 11. Reel Big Fish - Turn The Radio Off

11. Reel Big Fish: Turn the Radio Off

For many years this was my favorite album. Now 10 albums have climbed the ranks past it. That doesn’t mean this album got any worse just that I discovered a world outside of ska music.

When I first got my car it had a tape deck and this was one of maybe 3 cassette tapes that I owned, so I listened to this ALOT. I remember being angry and blasting Nothing and screaming the “I don’t fucking care” part until my throat was sore. However I also remember singing along to stuff like I’ll Never Be and Trendy over and over again.

Turn the Radio Off will never go down in history as an important record. By all accounts Sublime’s self-titled album from last week is far more important and iconic. That doesn’t matter though, this album means more to me for the reasons stated above.


Simply put Turn the Radio Off is a great pop album wit nothing but catchy sing-a-long songs. That’s an important thing to me. I enjoy just rocking out to catchy pop songs, that’s what this all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment