Tuesday, November 12, 2013

100 Albums That Make Me Love Music - 17. Further Seems Forever: The Moon is Down


17. Further Seems Forever: The Moon is Down

I didn’t know who Chris Carrabba was when Further Seems Forever first came out. At the time all I knew about them was their logo on the Tooth & Nail website was a parody of the Back to the Future logo.

Then Dashboard Confessional happened and everyone knew who Chris Carrabba was, but I still didn’t really care. It wasn’t until I heard Snowbirds and Townies on a comp. I immediately went out and purchased the album based on that song alone. In the end it turned out to be the worst song on the album.

I immediately was drawn to every element of this record. The lyrics are gorgeous and more incredibly the music is a beautiful compliment to the words. The stand out tracks for me are New Years Project and Just Until Sundown. After all these years it continues to be the best vocal performance in Carrabba’s career and the best music the band ever produced.

After his successful solo career blew up Carrabba left the band for a decade while they tried various other singers. A few years ago the band’s original lineup returned and while I’ve yet to hear their new music I’ve heard good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment