Thursday, April 4, 2013

100 Movies That Make Me Love Film - 44. Pootietang


44. PootieTang

The first time I ever heard of Pootie-Tang was in the painfully underrated Scary Movie 3. I always assumed it was one of the worst movies ever made, but then I’d repeatedly hear friends sing praises for it. When I finally got around to getting Netflix I decided to give it a shot and I fucking loved it.

The film is one of the most over the top and absurd films ever made. Written, Directed (and disowned) by Louis C.K. the film follows the adventures of Pootie-Tang the movie star, musician, superhero and infamous ladies man. Whil ehe speaks only in gibberish he manages to be the most famous and beloved man in history.

The film works almost as a sketch comedy (with just a thin plotline to connect the random comedic elements). It’d be unfair to people not familiar with the movie to really speak too much of it and ruin the more humor elements. Just go rent it and enjoy the most insane film in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment