Friday, May 4, 2012

Episode 27 of the Saint Mort Show Up Now!

Hey Guys!

As an added bonus to the blog I've decided to have an entry in here about each new podcast episode.

Episode 27 is up today. It's got 2 interviews and 3 songs as well as an old fake trailer from the 2nd episode of the podcast.

The first interview is with Fabien Matorell the director of the documentary Tromatized: Meet Lloyd Kaufman. Lloyd has been a guest in the past on the podcast and for the last 2 years has been a good friend and mentor towards me. We've talked at multiple conventions, book signings and exchanged emails. He's one of the friendliest and most down to earth people I've ever encountered and definitely deserves his own documentary. Fabien is a great guy as well and completely lacked confidence in his English (it's not his native language) but he did absolutely fine.

The second interview is with Lily Bee. I met Lily because of a video her covering the Muppet Show theme song popped up on my reddit feed. I contacted her about using the song on my upcoming Muppets/Jim Henson Tribute album (news coming soon) and we struck up a quick friendship. Lily is a friendly and upbeat person. While she was on tour of the east coast with her band Lily Bee and the Dreamers she spent a day hanging out with me. She went on some dog walks with me (I'm a dog walker btw), we grabbed some lunch and recorded the podcast. I set up the PA incorrectly however so the entire interview sounds distant. I apologies to you the listener as well as Lily, but hopefully she'll be  back on the podcast in the next year and I will double check the sound.

The music on the podcast is provided by past guests Harley Poe and Punchy's Pilots as well as Fowl Play. I met Fowl Play in Feb at a charity show I was throwing. They were a group of really funny down to earth guys. I'm hoping I'll get those guys on the show in the near future.

I hope you enjoy the episode! Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment