Wednesday, October 15, 2014

31 Days of Halloween - Day 15: When Puppets & Dolls Attack

For the last few years I always do a 31 days of Halloween month. The past few years I re-read all the original Goosebumps books and before that I'd watch 31 horror movies. However I realized every single time I watched 31 Horror movies I exclusively picked ones I enjoyed. I decided to do something slightly different. I composed a list of every horror movie I owned and put them in alphabetical order. Then using a random number generator I generated 31 numbers and watched the movies that corresponded with those numbers. Some are great films and others… well… are less than fun let's say. I hope you enjoy!

Day 15: When Puppets & Dolls Attack! (Movie #506)

So part of the fun of doing these Russian Roulette style is that I own such a wide variety of films that I could get a movie I love (The Frighteners) as well as a movie I hate (Nightmare on Elm Street Remake) and/or something like this.

However that is also the downside to this. There is nothing to compliment or review really. When Puppets & Dolls Attack! is a compilation of death scenes from Full Moon pictures. There's some good nostalgic stuff as well as greatly disappointing clips.

Since there's no real plot line this is gonna be a short one. Its only advantage is that it's fun to remember how great those early movies and it also shows how the more recent films (while having a bigger price tag) seem cheaper somehow.

Matt Kelly is the host of the popular podcast The Saint Mort Show, a frequent contributor to Geekscape.net, the founder of Chords for Cures and the co-writer/co-director of the upcoming comedy Describing the Moon. He also loves it when people surprise him with purchases from his Amazon Wishlist… just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment