Thursday, November 15, 2012

100 Movies that Make me Love Film: 60. Wristcutters: A Love Story


I first heard of this movie on an episode of Geekscape and it sounded incredible. Sadly it never came to a near by theater and I was forced to wait almost a year until it was available on netflix. I immediately watched it the second I had time and fell head over heels in love with it. 

The film is a weird little flick about limbo. In the mythos of movie if you commit suicide your punishment is living in a weird limbo which is basically exactly like earth except duller. You can see how everyone committed suicide as the effects of your suicide are evident. Your wrists are cut, there’s exit wounds, there’s twisted necks and much more.

After committed suicide when his girlfriend dumps him Zia ends up in this limbo. However he discovers after his suicide his ex also took her life and he decides to go on a roadtrip to find her.

Along the way he meets Eugene and Mikal and the three develop a close bound. The best part of this movie is the relationship between the three. Their journey is filled with fun twist and turns. I’m not sure if I should thank Etgar Keret (who came up with the story) or Goran Dukic (who wrote the screenplay) but whoever crafted out the weird road trip through the afterlife did an exceptional job.

While the ending leaves something to be desired all in all this is a film that I love showing people, and they’ve all seemed to love it as well.



<------ 61.="61." a="a" href="http://saintmort.blogspot.com/2012/11/100-movies-that-make-me-love-film-61.html" nbsp="nbsp">Annie Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment