Thursday, April 5, 2012

100 Movies That Make Me Love Film - 87. The Breakfast Club

Every Thursday I list one of the 100 Movies that make me love Film



There are two movies that I think will always come up in people’s minds as soon as they hear the words 80’s teen flick. The first movie is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off the other is the Breakfast Club.
The Breakfast Club was one of those movies that you just know, even before you’ve seen it. I knew the cover and the cast and I knew that it was about a detention. I also knew it was from the guy who write and directed Ferris Bueller so I was super excited. “This is going to be hilarious,” I thought. 
I was half correct. The movie has some legitimate laughs, but don’t be fooled, this a drama through and through. It follows five kids, some popular some outcasts stuck in a Saturday detention together. What starts as general hatred boils down and they realize they are all the same.
The movie is full of cliches by today’s standards. But in 1985 there was no other film that saying that to kids. The dialogue, the friendship and the soundtrack all represent an era of time.

There’s not much to say about this movie. If you’ve seen it you understand why it’s great. If not, rent it and you’ll understand.

tweet. I make Music. I podcast. I write for Geekscape. Here I am defending American Pie: Naked Mile. Enjoy

<----- 88. Heavyweights


86. Trick R Treat ------->


No comments:

Post a Comment