Saturday, December 1, 2012

25 Songs of Christmas 2012: 1. Motorhead - Run Run Rudolph

DAY 1: Run Run Rudolph - Motorhead (technically just Lemmy)

Okay I'll get this out of the way first. Yes. This isn't actually Motorhead. It's Lemmy of Motorhead featuring Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) and Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters/Nirvana)... but any band that involves Lemmy singing is Motorhead in my brain.

I first heard this song on the Kidd Chris show last winter. Absolutely love it.

This is what 25 songs of Christmas is all about. Kicking it off with a nice heavy cover of a moderate christmas classic. I've never been a fan of this song, I mean it's okay but it just never feels like a christmas classic to me, so I welcome heavy metal legends to do their own thing to it.

How do you feel about this cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment